Wednesday 17 February 2010

I became a little bit like a photographic sponge

First of all, after reviewing my post below, I can see that the shots are suffering from some serious compression issues which I will be sure to iron out at a later date but for now, these shots will have to do ...

Moving on ... to be honest, between now and last summer, I have not been doing as much shooting as I would have liked to. This is mainly because I was going through a fanatical stage of study. I decided to put down my camera for a while and took the time to really read up and educate myself in the world of photography. It was no easy task but it was something that thinking back to it now, I really don't regret doing. If I didn't have my head in a book, I would most likely be found studying the work of other working professionals, spending time watching some of the many photography podcasts out there, spending time on online forum's or using many of the other great resources that are out there at our disposal. I guess you could say that I became a little bit like a photographic sponge, soaking up little snippets of information from everywhere.

During this time, I really didn't find much time to actually pick up my camera, which was perhaps a silly idea when learning photography but it was my idea non the less. Anywho, here are some of the shots which I did take casually during this time of my close friends.



Just as a quick foot note, I really don't mean to say that now I think I know it all. That couldn't be further from the truth, it's just that now I am mixing it up a little more between study and physically shooting and putting into practice what I have learnt along the way. In other words, now its time to rain in the academic a little and unleash my creative side. (Just between you and me the 2010 watermark is actually a lie at this point)

No comments:

Post a Comment